Embrace the flavors of fall with this delightful dish. The Hasselback technique ensures a mix of creamy and crispy textures, while the maple and pecan combination offers a sweet and nutty taste.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Set your oven to preheat at 425°F (218°C).
- For easy slicing, position a sweet potato between two chopsticks. Make slices every ¼-inch along its length, cutting up to ⅞ of the depth. The chopsticks will prevent a full cut. Do the same for the other potato.
- Gently brush the sweet potatoes with vegetable oil, place them in a baking dish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until they turn soft.
- Once done, adjust the oven’s temperature to 450°F (230°C).
- In a mixing bowl, blend the melted butter, cinnamon, pecans, maple syrup, vanilla, and kosher salt.
- Generously spoon this mixture over the baked sweet potatoes, ensuring the pecans fit into the slices.
- Place the sweet potatoes back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Once baked, drizzle any remaining liquid from the dish over the potatoes. Let them cool a bit before serving.
Enjoy your fall-inspired treat!